Monday, October 16, 2006

Night of the Masked Intruder

My house had an uninvited guest.. came in unnoticed, hid behind some stuff and was discovered when the curtains could not conceal its form. However, it was no homosapien with malice intent.

A musang (civet cat) had wandered in through the upstairs window earlier and my guess it got confused in an unfamiliar surroundings i.e. no trees and bushes. Maybe it was exploring and still being a juvenile, curiousity got the better of it.

While I was glad to see the 'wildlife', this was still my room and I did not want to wake up to find it snuggling up to me. So I tried to cox it with a carrot to come out. It didn't work the way I expected to. Rather than find the carrot enticing, it started to back away from the carrot like it was something revolting. Change of plans; Use the carrot to drive it towards the window or balcony door. Whatever works...


"Oops, I've been found out!"




"Now how did I get in and more important, how do I get out?"



Highway to the exit.
"Boy mummy's not going to like it when she finds out."

8 comments:

moggie said...

lucky you! i just get moths and such...u get a musang? what cute lil' fella.

if it visits again try offering it some papaya or coffee beans, then you get kopi luwak.

great shots, DM!

miloice said...

Haha cute aint it. It looks almost like a raccoon. It must have been terrified to have jump up to the window grill.

Hmmm DM you sure this little guys doesnt have a thing for you...it even got into your house. Unlike some insect that tried following someone on his bag. :P

Anonymous said...

Awww... SOOOO CUTE! This one looks very young.

Sandra said...

What a little cutie!! He just wanted a little snuggle! Thanks for sharing! Bye! :)

Saffron said...

He's so cute!! Wanna cuddle him :)

Anonymous said...

years ago back in the US I once had a wild skunk come into my house and once a bat... both went back out w/o any trouble... I didn't want the skunk to spray...that would have been BAD! Here in England I just get mice :o/
I like your intruder... very sweet

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhh moggie!!! I KNEW if I looked it up I would learn yet something else delightful...and indeed I have. Now I know all about kopi luwak and how the musang is responsible for it. Thank you!

Divemuster said...

Hi Madwag! Thanks for dropping by and sharing your story about visiting wildlife.