Thursday, November 29, 2007

Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, The Red Arrows

The Red Arrows are renowned throughout the world as ambassadors for both the Royal Air Force and the United Kingdom. Since my keen interest in aviation (rather anything that flies) in my younger years, the Red Arrows have stood out in my memory as the premier aerobatic team in the world.

One would do the darnest things to pursue their interest and this is no exception. For now, not only to see the 'dream team' in live-on-site action for the first time but also to capture the moments with my camera, another passion.


First 10 mins or so would be formation flying. These guys are so good! I know some people have trouble even just walking straight.
















Then the real action begins....



















The two looks almost like glued together in flight...



... but that was just the angle illusion. It really was like this:




The grand finale.




The BAE Systems Hawk T1 is the RAF’s advanced trainer, and has been used by the Red Arrows since 1979.





This picture for Ladyhawk .... his name is on the side of the aircraft :P

4 comments:

Mohamed said...

Wow, these images are fantastic. They are very perfect.

Your other images on the blog are also great. I liked most of them.

DweezelJazz said...

Oh Wow! these are stunning!! It brought back the excitement I felt seeing a smaller but impressive air show from the 9th floor of a building in Switzerland. The sounds and proximity of the planes are very exciting, especially from higher up, rather than directly being on the ground. I love the photos! :)

miloice said...

Wah when and shoot the red arrows :D

wy said...

Photos as it you are on eye level with them. They are really good... I mean the Red Arrows.