Monday, October 22, 2007

Kuala Koh - Spider Hunter (Sunbird)

I told myself that I might regret it if I did not change to my tele-zoom lens as we sat for lunch. When the photo opportunity presented itself, was I glad the 70-300IS lens was mounted on the camera and ready to shoot! So my lunch was cold but tasted so much better after gettig shots like these :D

Sunbird, common name for tropical, Old World birds, including more than one hundred species in the family Nectariniidae. Spider hunters, of the genus Arachnothera, are members of the true sunbird family and are found in Asia. Spider hunters (e.g., the little spider hunter, A. longirostris) feed largely on insects and spiders.













3 comments:

LadyHawk said...

magical moments follow their own schedule. lovely shots of a beautiful creature.

Sanna said...

I love birds, and those photos are simply beautiful!

Madwag said...

that is just really beautiful.... you really captured this moment well