Wednesday, June 15, 2005
We have delved so deeply in our complex social structure that we have fallen out of sync with nature. We have a unconsciously clouded our minds to see and admire only that which are man-made. Many wonders are taken for granted that we no longer see it even if its right under our noses. Did you notice the palette of colors on the wings of that butterfly? Did you see how pretty the flowers are on the plant that was growing in the roadside cracks?
Pleasures do not have to come in big and expensive packages nor does one have to go far to find it. They can be disguised and usually overlooked because it was free. Ever tried, deliberately, taking a walk when the sky opens up with showers of blessing? No umbrella nor raincoat. Can you list down pleasures that you can indulge in your current surroundings?
- Lying under a diamond studded sky
- Counting the number of shooting stars
- Sipping a cup of coffee (or tea) & watching a storm approach
- Sitting on a gently rocking boat & watching the sun go down
- Watching eagles soar on wind currents
- Catching sight of a rainbow
- Sound of waves breaking on the shore
- Playing in the stream and getting wet
- Observing a bee going about gathering pollen
- Close-up of dew on leaves in the early morning
- Listening to the jungle orchestra (sounds comprising of the various jungle insects)
- Watching the dawn break while traveling
- Immersing your senses at a waterfall
- Hot soup on a cold day
- Lightning streaking across the sky
- Mesmerized by the flickering flame of a campfire
Some may ask what is so great about getting soaked in the rain. Well, it's a matter of perspective with a multi-facetted answer. Find your pleasures as one is limited only by his or her own imagination.
Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Thursday, June 09, 2005
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
On Sunday while enroute for lunch, decided to stop by and inquire. Signed up and went for the first session yesterday night. Must admit it felt good after a workout. Muscles not aching as expected... yet.