Thursday, September 15, 2005

What all the noise is about

STOMP is an exuberant display of physical prowess, music, dance energy and wit. It is a performance guaranteed to set the pulse racing with a jiving cacophony of amazing percussion on the move, using everyday household objects in non-traditional ways; garbage bins, brooms, drums and matches create extraordinary music and dance. With its high energy, fast moving and very physical dynamic mix of bodies, objects and sounds, abstract ideas are performed with humour and theatrical flair.

Do I sound like I'm advertising? In a way yes; Word of mouth advertisement. Thanks to MixFM for the complimentary ticket, I was able to witness (foc) an explosive extravaganza of dance, theatre and percussion combined into one rhythmic and comical performance. How did I get this ticket? Take one Saturday afternoon, a dash of 'xiou'ness (crazy), layer with a thick hide and stir fry a zany STOMP number with a young lady who called out to me "Uncle, uncle. Can I be your partner ah?". Serve to the MixFM Road Runners (who were giving out the free tickets) and there we have it. Our "noise" sounded better than the other participants so we stomped over 3 other pairings to win. I can't even recall what we belted out with 2 alloy 'kuali' covers, a tin cup and a pair of chopsticks.

If you haven't seen STOMP, make the effort to go. It was well worth my zany antics... for anyone else, the money.

2 comments:

pummkin said...

Hahahahahhahahaha! I can't imagine you doing what you did with the Mix FM Road Runners! I remember once when I answered questions correctly, I got a Canon travel clock cum calculator!!! Wah! And movie tickets too! Double wah!!!!

moggie said...

aiyaa, i wld've paid big bucks to watch Your 'performance'. missed out....tsk!