Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Merambong Island - More Than Bargained For!

Merambong is full of suprises. My 3rd visit for this year and with each visit brings new sightings. This was the best yet with the water surprisingly clear. My DSLR had the 70-300mm telephoto mounted as the plan was a stake-out at octopus lairs where the tide had gone out ... but I never made it out of the water.

Serina spotted an octopus in the shallow out of its lair and I hurried over to manage a few underwater shots with the PnS Olympus 1030 before it made its getaway under the cover of stirred-up sediments.



An untagged female seahorse found at the Merambong Seagrass meadow. Water visibility made shooting underwater very difficult.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Dive!!! How are ya, my friend?! I'm doing well! I've been very busy with my 3rd grader...homework, projects and things like that. I had to put blogging aside for a while but I am going to try to come back every once in a while. I still check in on you guys...I just don't always get to leave comments. It seems I've made a couple of new friends...cool, huh?!

Thanks for the sunshiny smiles from Malaysia...you dropped them off just in time!! : 0 )

Love the seahorse!!

Sunshine from Texas!!

Take care always!,

Countrygirl