Sunday, February 03, 2008

Over the Buaya Sangkut Waterfalls

Buaya Sangkut (local language meaning Stuck Crocodile) is one of the attractions of the Endau-Rompin National Park. Consists of five steps or tiers, this is one of the largest waterfalls in Malaysia.

I have visited this waterfall way back in 1995 and it was a hard 3-4 hour trek to reach from Kuala Jasin.









This is Kuala Jasin, where the Jasin river flows into the Endau river.







We made an emergency landing after low clouds rolled in fast just after we had left Kampung Peta. Had the low-cloud condition persists, we would have to spend the night here.

5 comments:

miloice said...

Wah another aerial flight shot.
3-4 hours! i'll like to see u do that again :P

Thanks for sharing with us the stucked crocodile falls :)

LadyHawk said...

The waterfalls look like melted glue flowing down! No wonder the crocodile got stuck! Beautiful shots.

Sandra said...

Dive!! Hey!! Just thought I'd spread some rays your way! Thank you for always being so thoughtful! ; - ) I adore all of your latest pics...Wow!! What an amazing view of the Waterfall!! Absolutely gorgeous!! Malaysia is such a beautiful place!! Thank you so much for sharing it with the world!!

Sending Texas smiles and sunshiny rays your way!,

Countrygirl

Jeremy Adam Smith said...

Hi. My name's Jeremy and I'm the managing editor of Greater Good magazine. I saw your photos of the Semai at http://cybershack.blogspot.com/2007/08/semai-of-ulu-geroh.html
and I'd like to publish one of them with an essay by anthropologist Douglas Fry. Could you contact me ASAP? My address is jeremysmith(at)berkeley.edu

Sanna said...

It must be fantastic to be able to see the waterfalls for real. It was great to at least see the photos of them.