Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hong Kong - Other Sights

Star Ferry services between Hong Kong island and Kowloon. Its a great and cheap way to move to and fro the island if you are in no hurry. Personally its a better option as you get to see more. There is an underground tunnel serving both road and rail should you desire to move about faster.

You can also see a Star-Cruise ship, the Star Aquarius docked at the left of the picture.




Chinese Junk now used for tourist harbour cruises.




Car/Bus parking area near the Poh Lin Monestary at Lantau island.




Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau island. Tallest outdoor buddha statue in the world.




View of surroundings is so beautiful and the weather then made me feel like I was in China... Hey wait! Technically speaking, I am in China...

5 comments:

DweezelJazz said...

That is the most amazing spread of photos of Hong Kong! Thank you very much!

The Tian Tan Buddha is an incredible sight! Very awe inspiring.

I knew nothing of Hong Kong and it's really special to be taken almost on tour with you. Thanks! :)

Divemuster said...

Thank you for the compliment! It was a truly memorable trip for me and I was happy to shoot so much. The task of going through 600 images is the price to pay after that.. haha.

LadyHawk said...

Hong Kong looks so lovely through your lens. Bet I won't like the crowds though .. and the cost!!

Divemuster said...

Hong Kong is actually not quite what I expected it to be. Yes there are crowds and lots of tall building cramped into a small area but there are also parks and even nature reserves. I guess these people know how to appreciate and preserve nature where possible.

It is nice when one is not rushed by a tour operator from one place to another and cramping too many places in a short span of time.

Madwag said...

well cool pics DM! I love the boat... I love all of them.. thanks for sharing your visit. :o)