Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Thailand-Ko Similan 2001 (Wides)

My first attempts at Underwater Digital Photography. Equipment was a Sony P-1 and housing with Red Correction Filter.

Similan Islands teeming with marine life. Sometimes the shoal of frys are so thick that it covers the bommie. That does not go well for the predator that dives through to get a meal.. *ouch*



People accused me of doing a 'cut & paste' job here. I can testify that there is no need to. The waters here are so clear that both diver and fishes look like they are suspended... well, they are actually.


Some of the canyons and valleys with fantastic swim-thrus.


Shooting at nothing in particular. Just showing how healthy and lively the reefs are.


Scenes like these make one go "WOW!". But keep that regulator in place tho..

3 comments:

LadyHawk said...

cut & paste ... cut & paste !!!

Divemuster said...

"Your honour, my client pleas not guilty"..

moggie said...

haha! the second shot is perfect! one of my personal favs. gotta chalk up as many dives as i can, cant wait to try my hand at underwater photography.